Here is a list of the new features available in version 1.1:
- Updated to use features in Qt 1.1. Dlgedit now requires Qt 1.1 to compile.
- New property dialogs. QTabDialogs are now used for all
property dialogs. Dlgedit was actually used to create all the
property dialogs and pages. Look in the prop directory of the
source distribution for many examples.
- Expanded features available in property dialogs. The
additional features added in Qt 1.1 are reflected in the
property dialogs. For example, the three types of combo boxes
in Qt are available. Also, the colors of a widget can be
changed. The ability to change fonts will be in the next
- The base class for the dialog can be changed to be QDialog,
QTabDialog, QWidget, and QFrame. QWidget is useful for creating
pages for a QTabDialog.
- The dialog can now be derived from its data class. The
dialog data variable is no longer needed. Open the dialog
window's property dialog to change between the data member and
- The dialog for the mapped classes has been moved into the
property dialog for the window itself.
- Control-clicking on a selected widget now unselects it.
- Multiple widgets can be aligned to the top, bottom, left,
and right of the first widget selected.
- Any dialogs or projects on the command line will be
automatically opened when the program starts. The dialogs can
be automatically generated if '-g' is given before the files.
- A hacked version of qembed.cpp is now used to embed the
toolbar pixmaps. This should fix the problem of some compilers
with control characters inside of strings.
- The Properties option on the popup menus is fixed to open
the selected widget's property dialog.
- The file format changed slightly. The
caption for a dialog was moved from the WidgetLayout section of
the dialog file to the DlgEdit section with the tag
Last modified: Tue Apr 15 01:28:31 EDT 1997