Here is a list of the new features available in version 1.2:
- Updated to use features in Qt 1.2. Dlgedit now requires Qt
1.2 to compile.
- Added font selection for widgets. In the old colors
property page, there are now options for editing the font for
- Added graphical signal/slot connection. A list of signals
available on a widget is shown and the user can type in the name
of the slot to be connected to it. The slots can be either
protected or publicly declared in the dialog base class. The
signals are given a default method that does nothing. Since all
the signals are virtual, it is easy to declare you're own signal
handler in the dialog class.
- Makefile generation for projects. When you generate a
project, you really generate a Makefile to put all the
objects together. To support different environments for a
system, a user or even a project, these Makefiles are
instances of template Makefiles. DlgEdit simply fills in
what sources and headers will be used in this project. All
your Makefile template needs is a marker line and the
rules to build up your project. A sample template is
provided in the misc directory.
- Selected widgets can now be resized to the same
dimensions, height, width, or both, as the last selected
- The file formats have changed, again.
Unfortunately, we had to update the file format for
dlgedit again. The change is necessary for the projects
and to allow for other objects like pixmaps and menus. A
conversion perl scripe, dlgUpdate.pl, is provided in the
misc directory to aid in conversion. In addition to the
changes in the .dlg files, the header and source files for
the dialog class will have to be changed. Apply the
following changes to your dialog class files:
- Dialog class source file:
- Change "#define Inherited QDialog" to "#define
- Remove TRUE parameter, if present, from Inherited
- Remove DialogDataClass(this) initialization.
- Dialog class header file:
- Remove #include of <qdialog.h>, <qwidget.h>,
<qtabdlg.h>, or <qframe.h>.
- Remove "public QDialog" inheritence.
- Change inheritence of DialogDataClass to public.
Last modified: Tue Apr 15 15:58:22 EDT 1997